I always find that there is never enough hours in the day to do the things we need to do. Life can be so stressful and especially at the moment as the exam period is about to start. All the way through school you are told to revise in suitable portions every day but, make sure that you have ‘chill time’. well I find that it is not as easy as this, there are so many things to do during a normal day when all that exam revision and work is put on top of that as well then in can get so stressful it can sometimes lead to panic attacks, anxiety or depression (although I think this in more serious cases). To hopefully help some of you I though it would be useful to give you some tips on how to control your time and what to do to relax.
- Make a revision timetable:
This may sound obvious but not enough people do it ,you can find a blank one on the internet or your teacher may supply you with one if you are at school. Here is one that I found just by typing in to google images ‘revision timetable’:
2.Get some sleep
When people stress out they usually start to develop insomnia which is the inability to sleep (I think).this causes drowsiness during the day and also an irregular sleeping pattern, this can make it hard to concentrate on your daily tasks and also you are more prone to napping. You should aim to get at least 6-7 hours of sleep. I usually go to bed at 10:00pm on a week day and set an alarm for 6:30am,6:35am,6:40am,6:45am,6:50am,6:55am and one for 7:00am this is so I have half an hour to wake up and all the alarms between 6:00am and 7:00am to make sure I don’t fall back asleep. This may not work for you or you may be very good at getting out of bed and not need it.
- Meditation-try to schedule sessions of mediation into your day.
- Exercise-I also find this helps as when exercising I am not thinking about the things that are making me stressed and it also helps health wise which can boost self-confidence.
- Keep positive -Try to not think negatively and keep a positive, realistic attitude.
- Eat and drink healthy-Drink water in place of pop/fizzy drinks and energy drinks and eat healthy food instead of junk food (this helps especially when revising as some people tend to snack).However some people don’t eat when revising which is not good as you will have low energy levels which makes it harder to concentrate. Eating and drinking healthier will make you feel more fresh and energised during the day making it easier to complete tasks.
I hope this helps you manage your time and lower your stress levels but I am no expert so if I got anything wrong I apologise and please correct me in the comments.
Enjoy life and make the most of all the other stuff!